Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2 Artist Photos


I think that I emulated the artist David Bailey quite well in this photo. I have the same type of jacket, my hand was placed in close proximity to where the model's' hand is in the photo plus they are both black and white. My photo also has a white background, as does Bailey's. The only thing that I could have probably have fixed was that Bailey's picture has a blue-ish tint to it and mine is strictly black-and-white. Other than that I think I did quite well.


~David Bailey Photo~



-This picture is the one I feel that I did the best on. I think that it mimicks the picture below that Ansel Adams took. It has the same scenery, with the snow and the trees being in the middle. I know using the rule of 3rd's is common but for these I think that placing them in the center enhanced the picture, made it look good even though it is the focus and it would catch your attention anyway, putting in the middle made it better.

~My photo~
~Ansel Adams Photos~

1 comment:

  1. Nice emulation of Bailey. If you want the same effect as his, try increasing the contrast to bring out the texture in the fur and emphasizing the highlight on your face. Great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete